Re: Xen 4.x for NetBSD -- status?

On Mar,Monday 28 2011, at 3:20 AM, Dustin Marquess wrote:

> I would LOVE to have 4.x working with NetBSD.  I'd love to help, but
> it's far outside my ability to do.  I've had to move my NetBSD/Xen
> machines to XCP.  While it works, I don't like the setup near as much.
> The NetBSD dom0s just felt cleaner and even faster.
>
> I'm not sure what replacement you'd find for Xen.  I think a
> from-scratch replacement like the Linux guys did with KVM would be a
> huge mistake.
>
> -Dustin
>
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Mick Russom
> <mickrussom%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Yes, I have grave concerns as I have been tinkering with Xen 4 and NetBSD for
>> some time and getting nowhere.
>>
>> I would really, really like to see some work done With NetBSD and Xen 4.
>>
>> Either that, or toss Xen out the window in favor of something else.

Cegger@ is working on this, he was author of first 4.0 xen package and now
he is updating it to 4.1 which was released just few days ago. NetBSD
should be able to run xen 4.1 with all cegger@ fixes which he get in.

So in short stay frosty, these things sometime takes more time than we like.

Regards

Adam.