Re: HVM support in sysutils/xentools33 included?

On 08/06/10 08:57, Stephen Borrill wrote:
* Cc: list amended

Sorry, I thought ports-xen is for the development of the Xen port in the NetBSD kernel, not for configuration issues or package questions.

[...]

Or must I explicitely configure when I wish a text console only via
xterm?

Text console only is probably best done as a PV guest, not HVM. So you
use xm create -c config or xm console domU-name once running.

PV guest? I couldn't find any information about this. Maybe I'm
overworked, but I try to get done as much as possible for a speech
on FrOSCon (thanks to Matthias Drochner I'm able to do it using
NetBSD as presentation platform).

Here's what I have at the end of my HVM configuration file:
sdl = 0
vnc = 1
vncdisplay = 0
vncunused = 1
vncpasswd=""
vnclisten='127.0.0.1'
keymap='en-gb'
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'

Also the version difference between net/vnc and net/vncviewer
confuses me.

net/vnc is the server side. You can use net/vncviewer to speak to an
HVM Xen
domU.

"vncviewer localhost" will work with the above configuration (for the
first
domU).

So I should create some aliases (.2, .3, .4) on my lo0 interface and
can have
multiple guests at the same time?

No, you use different display numbers (same as port numbers less 5900)
so vncserver localhost:1, etc. You can either use vncused=1 which just
finds the next available display or hardwire them with vncdisplay=x

I try that out, thank you very much.

Jens