Re: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected

On 23/06/2010 12:32 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Jean-Yves Migeon<jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost>  wrote:

No more free vnd(4) device in /dev? (./MAKEDEV vnd* to create more,
vnconfig -l will list all the accessible ones)

No, this is fine:

# vnconfig -l
vnd0: / (/dev/raid0a) inode 23971591
vnd1: not in use
vnd2: not in use
vnd3: not in use

Nothing logged via dmesg?

Nothing.

Here's my config for debian that I can confirm boots fine:

# cat debian
kernel = "/vmlinuz-2.6.30-2-686-bigmem"
ramdisk = "/initrd.img-2.6.30-2-686-bigmem"
memory = 256
name = "debian"
disk = [ 'file:/usr/pkg/etc/xen/debian-tmp.img,xvda,w' ]
vif = [ 'bridge=bridge0'  ]
root = "/dev/xvda1 ro"
extra = "xencons=tty1"
#extra = "init=/bin/sh"

Straight off, I'd say you are missing the initrd, which is required (assuming it has the relevant modules) to access the filesystem. Typically this results in a panic.

Also, you are using a relatively old linux version, I'd recommend using the automated debian install and replacing the install kernel/initrd with the ones downloaded when updating, as I have. I had them available online for a while but my web server is currently offline. Anyway, HTH.

Sarton