Re: shared disks in domU

>> Can anybody explain me how I can create shared RW virtual disk in
>> two or more domU?
> What you're doing won't work, and will likely corrupt the file system
> and/or panic one or both of the machines.

Actually, Victor got exactly what he asked for, a shared RW virtual
disk.  What he didn't get was what he wanted, a shared RW filesystem.
(The same issues would arise with any other form of direct sharing of
the same piece of disk, from two initiators on a SCSI chain to sharing
an iSCSI target to dual-ported hardware.  As you point out, in the
current state of filesystems, the only option is to interpose a piece
of software, such as an NFS server, as an aggregator between the hosts
and the disk - and make the hosts aware of it, as NFS client code is.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign