Re: kern.timecounter.choice - possible values on a domU?

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> but I run ntpd on Xen domUs with the default values. I suspect
> that for NetBSD domUs the clock is always independant :)

Yes, the domU clock is always what Linux calls independent. (Also, for
what it's worth, the clockinterrupt timecounter should generally yield
the same time as xen_system_time, but rounded off to the nearest 10 ms.)

It's been on my to-do list for, um, a while now to expose Xen's
wall-time via a sysctl and write up a little daemon to adjtime() the
NetBSD clock to it, or something to that effect.

The NetBSD dom0, however, does periodically set the Xen time to the
NetBSD time, so (assuming the dom0 is running ntpd or similar) any Linux
domUs with a non-independent clock will get more or less the right time.

Arguably, that dom0 code also belongs in a daemon rather than the kernel.

--
(let ((C call-with-current-continuation)) (apply (lambda (x y) (x y)) (map
((lambda (r) ((C C) (lambda (s) (r (lambda l (apply (s s) l))))))  (lambda