Re: kern.timecounter.choice - possible values on a domU?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 03:43:07PM +0200, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am looking deeply into xen and NetBSD with my Xen/Linux knowledge.
> That makes things difficult, so please bear with me. :-)
>
> I am looking for a way to make the system clock of a NetBSD domU
> independent  from the host systems hardware clock (I want to run ntpdate
> inside the domU) like it's done on Linux domUs with the
> independent_wallclock kernel parameter.
>
> Poking around in the sysctl value list I found
>    kern.timecounter.choice
> which sounds like the parameter to tune.

No, the parameter to tune would be kern.timecounter.hardware
kern.timecounter.choice is the list of possible values for
kern.timecounter.hardware.

but I run ntpd on Xen domUs with the default values. I suspect
that for NetBSD domUs the clock is always independant :)

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost