Re: No IP address in virtual machine

  Idx BE     MAC Addr.     handle state evt-ch tx-/rx-ring-ref BE-path
  0   0  00:16:3e:5b:d1:6e    0     4      7   521  /522
/local/domain/0/backend/vif/2/0

Beware the the xen kernel in i386 debian lenny is broken and won't find
the interface we call xennet0 in a netbsd domU.  This looks ok.

  ip=:127.0.255.255::::eth0:dhcp

where did this come from?
I would delete the dhcp=

  The XEN logs all look normal. The only error message I see is
  in /var/log/xen/xend-debug.log.

  brctl: not found

That looks like a linux command; we use brconfig.

  vif = [ 'bridge=bridge0' ]

Assign an address manually.  Linux seems to use something called udev
which by default remembers mac addresses somehow and gives you a new
ethN interface for each mac address.  This is sort of cool on real
hardware so you get consistent binding of hardware to names, but
combined with xen's making up mac addresses it is not helpful.

The other thing to do is run tcpdump  on the xvifN.0 interface on the dom0.