Re: grub install?

>> grub> setup (hd0)
>>  Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... no
>>  Checking if "/grub/stage1" exists... no

> either run grub-install --no-floppy, or copy the files by hand.

grub-install doesn't work for me, apparently because root and boot are
different (I run it specifically naming /dev/rwd0a, and it whines that
/dev/raid0a "does not have any corresponding BIOS drive" - which is
true but should be irrelevant).

Fortunately, someone else sent me mail off-list pointing me at a
document that, among other things, mentions copying the files by hand
_and_ says where to copy them from (I would not have found them with
anything short of something like "find /usr/pkg -name stage1 -print"
myself...).  This seems to have rendered grub happy; now to plug ahead
and see what the _next_ issue is.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost