Re: init receiving SIGILL on XEN3_DOM0/amd64

Christoph Egger wrote:
Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 01:43:04PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
When the CPU sends an illegal intruction trap, I guess.
In that case, I have a wild guess:
sysenter is an illegal opcode on amd64. The difference is, AMD CPUs throw an exception, Intel CPUs don't.
Is sysenter used somewhere?
I don't think it should be for amd64 binaries.
i386 binaries may, but only if I686_LIBC is defined.
No, sysenter is legacy mode only. sysenter is also an illegal opcode
in compat long mode.
Wouldn't it be easier to objdump init and look for an illegal op in its code section? Don't know if its viable anyway.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost