Re: xentools 3.1.3nb1 not building - ncurses.h not found

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:02:28 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:29:40PM +1100, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> > Christoph Egger wrote:
> > >On which NetBSD version do you build this package?
> > >Is this 4.0 or -current?
> > >

> > Current.
> >
> > NetBSD gogeta.internal 4.99.54 NetBSD 4.99.54 (XEN3_DOM0) #1: Mon Feb 25
> > 16:05:53 EST 2008
> > root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/XEN3_DOM0 i386
> >
> > Everything was updated at the same time as the kernel (userland and pkgsrc).
> >
> > I've had a similar problem with sources developed under linux not
> > finding ncurses but finding every other gnu app ... but quickly moved to
> > a linux domu :) ... though I suppose ncurses shouldn't be required in
> > this case, unless it's a new dependency?
>
> No, on my system xentop is perfectly happy with the NetBSD curses from
> /usr/lib. The pkgsrc buildlink did create a ncurses.h in work/.buildink:
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 bouyer  wheel  21 Feb 17 16:55
> work/.buildlink/include/ncurses.h@ -> /usr/include/curses.h
>
> that's how xentop.c finds ncurses.h ...

Perhaps the errors that Sarton is seeing are related to the latest set
of changes that was made by pkgsrc/mk/curses.* by jlam@ some hours ago.

--
Juan Romero Pardines             The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org/         NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish