Re: Cannot see boot messages with DomU

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 04:22:25PM -0600, John Hayward wrote:
> Thanks Manuel!
>
> I can now see the boot messages and sysinst!
>
> Here is my experience:
> I set memory on dom0 to 3500Mb - When I booted it complained about
> not being able to see /proc/xen/baloon...

Yes, NetBSD doesn't have a baloon driver yet. Should be harmless.

> I had mounted the procfs on /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc

Should not be needed, nothing in the Xen tools use linux emulation.

> I decreased the memory to 3000Mb and changed fstab to mouunt procfs on
> /proc and things started to work.

AFAIK the xen tools don't need /proc on NetBSD (only /kern)

> I went back an played with the memory and 512Mb works while 256Mb results
> in an python error when doing xm create (different than the hang from
> before).

This is strange, typically my dom0 have 128MB

> I changed procfs back to /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc but that appeared to
> have no effect on the boot process.
>
> I am under the impression that you want the dom0 to have a small
> memory footprint so that extra memory can be allocated to domus.

Yes. The memory used by domUs won't be stolen from dom0, but from the
free memory of the hypervisor. 'xm info' will show you the amount of
free memory.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost