Re: xen and pms resets

On Jun 18, 2007, at 6:43 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 06:39:54PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
Looks like an interrupt issue; did you try playing with ACPI options ?

As you can see below I have ACPI disabled:

title Xen 3.0.4 /(HDD1)
  root(hd0,e)
  kernel (hd0,e)/xen.gz dom0_mem=262144 noapic acpi=off nosmp
  module (hd0,e)/netbsd root=/dev/hda1 ro console=pc elevator=cfq

The kernel option is disabled as well:
#acpi0          at hypervisor?

Doesn't it work if you enable acpi ?
I'll have to test on a box where I can disable acpi ...

I removed the acpi=off option but it did not change anything.
I had to add it before becouse Xen did not want to start without it.
I don't quite remember what exact version of Xen 3 required that option to be defined.

The USB drives did not get powered up when I also removed the noapic option
and the nosmp option did not seem to have any effect.

Do you suggest me to recompile kernel with ACPI enabled ?

Btw, XEN starts with some kind of ASCI logo now and it totally
messes up my console. Can it be switched off?
The console is useless now.

Marcin Michal Jessa
http://www.yazzy.org/