Re: install/start problem: xen 2.0 / NetBSD 2.0, 2.0.2 and 3.0 Beta

Hi,

and thanks a lot for the answer. It shows me the right way to understand the documentation (NetBSD/xen-Howto). There were no further messages in /var/log/xend-debug.log then what i wrote befor. Yes, there is a /kern/xen directory
and /kern seems to mount by default (i don't have to manually mount it).
My main problem was that i did misunderstood the howto (maybe my english is not as good as i thought). I read something like: "It use a config file for its parameters in /etc/xen/." And i was wondering why i don't find this folder. So, after reading your mail, i did create it by myself, also /etc/xen/scripts and the scripts discribed in the howto.

The domain0 already did work fine (it really was a NetBSD 3_BETA kernel). The command "xm list"shows what it should. And after creating the scripts (and using disklabel to prepare the reseved partition) the installation of NetBSD
in the unprivileged domain was successful.

Now there is only one problem (till now): I am not sure about the network configuration. In the /etc/xen/nbsd in the line for vif i put the real mac adress of my second ethernet card and the local network adress 192.168.1.88 i want to use (i think that i shouldn't do that, but i'm not sure). My knowledge about bridging is nearly null so i don't know how to configure it. I also don't really understand the notes in the script /etc/xen/nbsd. Further i create /etc/ifconfig.xennet0 within "inet 192.168.1.88 netmask 0xffffff00" and configured /etc/hosts, /etc/mygate, /etc/relsolv.conf and the rc.conf nearly like in domain0 (just used a other hostname). This seem not to work. The ping command don't received packets.

here is a part of the "dmesg" output of the unprivileged domain:
xencons0 at hypervisor0: Xen Virtual Console Driver
xencons0: console major 143, unit 0
Initialising Xen virtual ethernet frontend driver.
npx0 at hypervisor0: using exception 16
xennet0 at hypervisor0: Xen Virtual Network Interface
Xen clock: using irq 3
xennet0: using irq 4
xennet0: MAC address <here is the real mac address of my 2nd network interface card like in /etc/xen/nbsd>

Hope this help to understand what i mean. If you need more information please let me know. Again thanks a lot.