Re: Questions about networking

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:32:13 +0100
Quentin Garnier <cube%cubidou.net@localhost> wrote:

> sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1 should be plenty enough.  After that,
> it really depends on the topology of your network.

Ok, so the dom0 box has to be a gateway too, but if my xvifX.X iface
is configured as:

10.0.0.254 netmask 255.0.0.0

Do I have to use these values in domU?

> FWIW, this afternoon when I could take a try at booting a domU, I used a
> modified vif-bridge script to do bridging by doing this:
>
> vif = [ 'mac=lalala, bridge=bridge:bridge0:fxp0' ]

Does this need a patch? or can I use that right now?

> The meaning of the bridge parameter is the following:  first it starts
> with bridge to distinguish between plain ifconfig case and bridge case,
> then it bridges the vif interface with fxp0 on bridge0, creating it if
> necessary.  I'll send it tomorrow if you want.
>
> BTW, xentools20 package needs some work (and should include such a
> script).  Also, it really needs to default to 127.0.0.1 for the relevant
> daemonized parts, I've patched mine for that.  I'll have a closer look
> at this during the next few days.

Yes, I've created a few modifications too (plus updating it to 2.0.5),
I'll try to share them after the pkgsrc freeze.

BTW, this package should honour PKG_SYSCONFDIR for the files
(currently it doesn't).