disk ints don't show up in systat?

I've recently noticed that on a system that uses Xen block devices and
carries a moderately heavy I/O load, I never see any disk interrupts in
systat; rather, softclock and softnet interrupts total to the observed
total number of interrupts.

Can anyone explain this?

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."                - Noam Chomsky