Re: NetBSD and Xen 2.0

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:35:34PM +0100, TLD wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > I honestly don't know what to tell you.  I am running NetBSD-2.0's xen
> > port on several machines, including three of the NetBSD Foundation's
> > servers.  It works.  I didn't have any of the problems you're describing.
>
> Great!
> Then you probably can help us by answering the following questions:
>
> 1) What version of the sources and kernel are you running? 2.0? -current?
> Which date? Which additional patches?
> 2) Dom0 or only as other domains?
> 3) Which xen version? 1.2? 2.0?
> 4) Can you disclose the kernel configuration you use?
> 5) If asked, could you distribute the netbsd kernel you're using?

Let me be blunt:

1) I am very busy.

2) I have answered *every single one of the questions you just asked me*
   in mail sent *to this list* *this week*.

3) In fact, I answered several of them in the very message to which you
   are responding; one of them in text which you *quoted*.

4) Consequently, the message you just sent me really seems quite
   presumptious and rude.

I'd like to help you.  But when you act like that it certainly does not
make me want to set aside the time to answer your set of questions
again immediately-right-now.

I'm going to go get some real work done, take a few deep breaths, and try
to send you -- again -- the information you asked for.  Sigh.

--
 Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."                - Noam Chomsky