re: Reproducable kernel crash

Ken Wellsch writes:
> I have to apologize.  I have come to enjoy the cross-building process
> so much that I uncommented the DIAGNOSTIC in the GENERIC kernel and rebuilt
> an ISO, assuming that the kernel config file was also a dependency.  I guess
> that is not the case, or at least did not work for me as expected.

what specific commands did you run?  these are basically 2
things for building a kernel you need:  tools (once), and
kernel (each time).  eg:

   ./build.sh -j8 -Uu -m vax tools kernel=/home/mrg/configs/_vax_

to do both, and any update after i'd do:

   ./build.sh -j8 -Uu -m vax kernel=/home/mrg/configs/_vax_

(there are dozens of commands to build.sh like "tools" or
"kernel="... it's really really great :)

this _should_ re-config the kernel each time, so if you
just ran "nbmake-vax" in the build dir, that won't re-run
config(1) (nbconfig in the tooldir) like kernel= will.

.mrg.