Re: Clock drift and other open issues: Collecting information

On 2023-12-30 19:26, Mouse wrote:
As have been pointed out, vmemoryuse was missing from the older
version of tcsh I was running.  [...]

By the way, if you want to unlimit everything, but limit core dumps,
the easier way is:

unlimit
limit core 0

Yes, but that restricts the changes to resources your shell knows
about.

Well. First of all, it was a comment based on what Ken was doing.
But you are correct.

That's one reason I tend to use sysctl for querying, and sysctl -w for
changing, resource limits.  (The other is that the syntax is
significantly less shell-dependent.)

The problem with that is that you can deal with the hard limits, but tricky with process limits. The classic "what commands must be built-in in a shell".

  Johnny