Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin

On 2023-12-21 14:35, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2023, Johnny Billquist wrote:

That's just a GENERIC kernel? You can easily cross-build NetBSD on any
Linux box and copy over the kernel to the NetBSD system. I usually
just let it build on my CI host and fetch whatever I need from stored
build artifacts. NetBSD will use the host compiler to build its
internal toolchain (GCC 10 based) and use that to actually cross-build
the release artifacts.  Feel free to drop me patches, you'll get free
compilation-as-a-service. :)

As soon as I have completed my native build, I plan to start digging into the
whole time issue as well. It seems clear it's a problem not only on something
like simh, but on real hardware as well. So we might very well also have
multiple problems... Next week I will be able to fire up my real 4000/90, to
avoid any issues by simh.

  I suspect the 4000/90 will behave differently due to a different local
time source: ICR vs DIAGTIM/U.

Very possible/probable. But I need to start somewhere, and I'm pretty sure time is not kept right on my 4000/90 either.

  Johnny