Re: NetBSD in SIMH vax with 512 MB RAM

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 11:04:45AM +0000, yeti wrote:
> Some older emulators manage to crash far later with the 10.0_BETA
> installer ISO.  I tried some of the versions back to v3.4 with mixed
> results, but some at least managed to start the installer, others looked
> like still crashing while bringing up the kernel.

I've tried NetBSD/vax 9.3 on SIMH 3.12-3 with 64M, but after < 1d the
system usually completely freezes (no response to ping, no response
on console). It freezes earlier when actually loaded (e.g. compiling
stuff).

I distinctly remember running NetBSD/vax a few years ago on SIMH without
issues, but I can't find that config anymore.

Kind regards,
           Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison