Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

On 2/9/23 02:26, Anders Magnusson wrote:
  Ragge, how sure are you that the 24VUP assumption and the timing loop is at fault here?  It doesn't look like it from my initial tests.

Not sure at all, it may very well be something else.  I just thought at that since the mscp code works on slower machines, so it smells timing error.

It certainly does. But now I can't get it to boot at all...I don't know if there's a clue here or not. I just reinstalled the tape controller (TMSCP), and now that's the only mscpbus (mtc0 at uba0, mscpbus0 at mtc0) that it finds. That's on a different board (a Pertec interface), not the CMD SCSI board. The install kernel won't even boot from CD now.

Of course proving a negative is hard, but I've tried >20 times, and it definitely would've booted by now in its previous configuration.

  VMS boots fine and sees the disks and tape.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA