Re: CMD MSCP SCSI problems? (again?)

Den 2023-02-09 kl. 04:23, skrev Dave McGuire:
On 2/2/23 03:59, Anders Magnusson wrote:
I think it might be time to complete the initialization of the device.
It's just a loop and estimate that the machine does 24 vups.

You may increase this number in ka680.c in  struct cpu_dep to something higher and recompile the kernel.
This number may be a little too small for this fast machine :-)

  Ok, I was able to get a kernel cross-compiled (and am now set up to easily do that, thanks to everyone's kind assistance here) and I built a new GENERIC kernel that runs.  I set the speed to 45 VUPS, however, that doesn't seem to have solved the CMD problem.

  As before, I can occasionally get it to boot after repeated attempts, i.e. send a break to the console and "b dua1" again (DUA0: is VMS, DUA1: is NetBSD) and it will boot and find the root device.  I've not (yet) noticed a pattern.

  Ragge, how sure are you that the 24VUP assumption and the timing loop is at fault here?  It doesn't look like it from my initial tests.
Not sure at all, it may very well be something else.  I just thought at that since the mscp code works on slower machines, so it smells timing error.

-- R