Re: New Vax - future directions :-)

Den 2021-07-07 kl. 17:22, skrev Hans Rosenfeld:
No split I/D space, no FP, any kind of trap exits out to VAX mode, anything
that depends how the memory management of the PDP-11 works will have
issues... Even some instructions you might play with are missing (but I
don't think most people would miss them, especially not since we don't have
split I/D space anyway).

Very few 2.11BSD programs would work in this environment... The most serious
limitation is the lack of split I/D space.
So I guess we have another few feature requests, then... :)
Maybe add I/D segment registers for PDP-11 compatibility mode?
If we go for something with 8k pages in the future XVAX it might fit quite nicely :-)

-- R