Re: gcc-vax in NetBSD-9.0: help needed to test patches

Hi Jim,

On 2/7/20 12:44 am, James Robinson wrote:
I have a VAX 4000/200 with 32Mb. that I am netbooting. Work has us on furlough for the week so let me know how I can help......

All the testing I've been able to do so far has been on a VAXstation 4000/60 and on an emulated MicroVAX 3800.  I'm working my way through the package tools in pkgsrc (with one issue found so far) but that's a slow process.

doc/HACKS mentions quite a few problems resulting from GCC bugs on the VAX, it would be good to independently verify that they've been addressed, especially on different VAX models.

I'd love to hear any feedback on the changes themselves - maybe there are better fixes?

many thanks

kalvis