Re: NetBSD/vax

On 2020-03-17 12:50, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 10:47:28AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
The system can be installed, and get to run, but it probably require some
manual work.

I think fixed all low memory issues in the install media some years
ago, but of course new issues might have come up and went unnoticed.
Back then booting from CD and installing worked on a 3100 with 24 MB
(my only currently available test machine has 128 MB and I have no spare SCSI disks any more to test installations - but of course we can test in
SIMH).

FWIW, I had 8.0 running (slowly) on a MicroVAX 3100m30 with 24 megabytes of memory. I netbooted the installer and it worked just fine. I might reinstall NetBSD on the machine in coming weeks and can report how it goes.

-e