Re: What releases of NetBSD for the VAX are known to work...

Hi,

As the subject says, "What releases of NetBSD for the VAX are known to
work, and what are not?"

It's my experience that the versions that have issues on specific hardware are more issues with specific hardware and not issues with specific versions of NetBSD on VAX.

I'm running -current on a VLC and NetBSD-8 on a 4000/60 without issues.

I confess after getting 1 Dot 5 to work on SIMH/VAX a long while ago,
I confess I'd lost track of what works via that method, so I figured
before I start trying to spin up a completely project via that
emulation method I figured I'd ask in here. Basically it concerns the
problems of trying to basically build the whole thing seemingly
native, such as the kernel, and then each set. And for laughs I
figured it would be hosted not on Intel but on a Raspberry Pi,
specifically a Pi3 A+ model.

I think someone has tried native recently, but the more data we have, the better :)

My only concern is disk sizes, I have a batch of Compact Flash sized
disks, of 4G and 5G and also 6G (G is for Gig) and then an actual disk
drive of 40G in size.

I figured I'd host the disk image that the program creates on an
appropriately mounted disk.

Disk sizes are certainly not an issue unless you want to use volumes larger than 2TB. I'm using a 250 gig drive on one and a 120 gig SSD on another VAX.

Let us know how it goes!

John