Re: Help about installing NetBSD on a VAXstation 4000/90 (Cougar)

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 10:44:41AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
 Where are you located?  I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, USA.  If you can get
the machine (or easier, the board) to me, I can probably fix or replace
that switch for you, if that's not something you want to dig into.

I'm in Brazil. Overseas shipping is really expensive, almost impossible :-(

 Alternatively, it might be practical to chop out the switch and wire
in a small toggle switch to hide somewhere.

I can try to do something like that myself, but I have poor hardware fixing skills. I'll probably ask one of my electronic colleagues for help. Anyway, I'll probably first try to a software workaround, probably changing the NetBSD kernel. Since OpenBSD seemed to boot fine, I'm in hope of making it work with NetBSD.

--
Silas