Re: Help about installing NetBSD on a VAXstation 4000/90 (Cougar)

Hi all.

I did some tests and have interesting results.

As I said, the results are the same with 7.1.2 (the first try), -current and 4.0. I decided to give OpenBSD (5.8) a try and, after the netboot, it printed kernel information during the boot, but got stuck just after printing information about sd0. So I decided to remove both HDD and CDROM drives and, surprisingly, OpenBSD resumed the boot procedure up to the install program.

So I concluded I'm with a defective hardware and removing the HDD and CDROM helped somehow (if they are not THE hardware that caused the problems).

Unfortunately, even after these modifications, NetBSD kernel doesn't print anything out after being loaded. Is it handling some hardware errors wrongly somehow, like not timing out when expected?

--
Silas