Re: COMPAT_IBCS2 on Vax

Le 03/08/2017 à 20:57, Maxime Villard a écrit :
[...]

Also, I'm not sure that it is worth the effort, especially if this feature
happens to be used by no one; but that's a different issue.

What I can do, still, is removing ibcs2 from i386, and modifying the
compat_ibcs2 man page to say explicitly that in reality it stands for SVR3, and
it is available only on vax. Note that this would make compat_ibcs2 vax
specific, and would later allow to better compartmentalize the feature.

So, I did it. Now compat_ibcs2 is vax-specific. If I were you, I would
disable it by default in GENERIC, until someone decides to maintain it.

But frankly, as Kamil suggested, I believe it could be removed plain and
simple.

Maxime