Re: Trying to boot Vaxstation using mopd

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Greg Stark <stark%mit.edu@localhost> wrote:
> But if I'm reading this right vector 0x18 is basically a generic trap
> that could be caused by any panic? (though why the panic isn't handled
> as a normal panic I dunno?)

Yeah, NetBSD 6.1.5 and 6.0.6 actually reboot rather than print this
"stray interrupt" error. I'm guessing that's what's intended to happen
when this reserved operand is triggered.

> So now I'm not sure how to proceed. I guess I could try kernels from
> older NetBSDs to see if I see the same behaviour?

I got as far back as NetBSD 5.2.3 and then it actually booted. I'm in
sysinst now.

Out of curiosity is there any reason to run sysinst if I've already
unpacked all the sets on the nfsroot? The diskless instructions seem
to skip running sysinst entirely and set everything up on the nfs
server by hand.

--
greg