Re: Fail. Interrupt loop during install.

> But you know what?  This isn't a mop file.  The most recent document I
> could find:

As Christos pointed out, this is indeed an ELF boot file. And...

> points to a valid boot.mop --- and, I assure you, my openbsd mopd
> serves this up just fine otherwise I wouldn't be able to load the
> install kernel.

... as he also wrote, the NetBSD mopd *does* serve ELF files via MOP
just fine (it translates them!).
I have had no problems booting the current ELF bootloader from another
recent NetBSD host with mopd.
You are correct though that this is not mentioned in the docs, I
searched a boot.mop first, too.

> As I stated, the 7.0 install kernel loads and then results in an
> infinite loop of interrupts.

I have a VAX 4000/200 (KA660) for which support was broken after a
major code "rototill" for quite some time, but it was an easy fix.
Maybe the VS 3100/38 needs a little love, too, it always depends on
people trying out on real machines, and the /38 as one of the less
desired (slow + low mem) VAXen has a small user base I guess. My
lowest end VAXstation is a /76 (which worked last time I tried), so I
cannot help to reproduce the problem.

Felix