Re: Fail. Interrupt loop during install.

So, let's start at the beginning.  This is a 3100 M38, a.k.a. VS42.
It passes POST.  I elected to install 7.0 --- the latest and greatest.
According to the install instructions, I should be able to find a
bootloader.  And I quote:

"First, you need to get a copy of the bootloader. This can be found in
the NetBSD distribution as: installation/netboot/boot"

But you know what?  This isn't a mop file.  The most recent document I
could find:

http://gunkies.org/wiki/Netbooting_a_VAXstation

points to a valid boot.mop --- and, I assure you, my openbsd mopd
serves this up just fine otherwise I wouldn't be able to load the
install kernel.

As I stated, the 7.0 install kernel loads and then results in an
infinite loop of interrupts.

But today I had an idea: Knowing that the SIMH user had a problem in
2013, maybe if I tried an install kernel from before 2013 it might
work.  So, I grabbed 5.0.2 and you know what?  I was right.

So, something changed in 6.0.  Something bad.

And, allow me to point out that the documentation on:

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/netboot/intro.vax.html

references Brian Chase's document:

http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/VAX-netboot-HOWTO.html

That doesn't even exist.  Furthermore, if you go to the wayback
machine, you'll see it hasn't been around for at least 10 years.  I
know, as does everyone on this list, that writing documentation isn't
fun.  But...

I've been using, modifying and otherwise futzing with Unix since 1975.
I am not a newbie.