Re: What is the largest drive that NetBSD/VAX will support?

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 08:00:11AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> The largest drive it'll support without any extra fuss, I think, would be
> 2 TB (2^32-1 blocks of 512 bytes each). The smallest, I think, would be
> one sector.

It could use bigger ones, if you don't partition them (i.e. use the full
disk device for NetBSD) or use gpt to partition it. You won't be able to
boot from a gpt partitioned device of course, but as an additional disk
it should work fine.

At least if simh makes them show up as scsi drives, like found on vax
stations (NCR53C94) - but I haven't followed simh closely recently and
the old setups I have us ra/rq devices IIRC.

Martin