Re: KA46/48 vsbus DMA fallthrough

Hello.

On Sat, 5/9/15, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

 Subject: Re: KA46/48 vsbus DMA fallthrough
 To: "Felix Deichmann" <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost>
 Cc: "port-vax List" <port-vax%netbsd.org@localhost>
 Date: Saturday, May 9, 2015, 11:06 PM

 On 9 May 2015 at 18:38,
 Felix Deichmann <m4j0rd0m0%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
 > Am 09.05.2015 um 19:06 schrieb David Brownlee:

 Does the show/no-show network issue occur in earlier versions? If not,
 >> it might help to work out when then issue was introduced.
 >
 > Just found:
 >
 > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2010/11/20/msg000953.html
 >
 > VLC and m60 have "le at vsbus" in common, so the problem I see seems to be
 > present for quite some time now.
 > It is also mentioned that a 5.1 kernel already had this problem (at least
 > sporadically and/or for a single user).
 >
 > Do you think it would be a good idea to start searching/debugging in the
 > match routine of if_le_vsbus.c now?

 Looking at the match in if_le_vsbus I would be tempted to increase i
 for the DELAY loop from 100 to 1000, then print out the value after
 the loop to see how long it takes (and if the longer wait helps).

FWIW I can't recall seing it on my VLC and that is quite a bit slower...

/B