Re: Native gcc on netbsd-7

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 02:02:08PM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:
> There are lots of ways for the platform dependent back end code to
> cause compiler ICE, and of course wrong-code generation issues.  If
> it?s in the FSF code as opposed to NetBSD local mods, it would be good
> to get those logged in the GCC bug tracker.  And of course development
> of fixes is likely to be valuable, especially for the more obscure
> targets that don?t get as much GCC maintainer energy.

Last I tried (which was several months ago) FSF gcc was not even
remotely close to bootstrapping itstelf on VAX. Matt Thomas fixed lots
of issues for our in-tree version, I suppose he will deal with
upstreaming them himself (as he is a gcc commiter). Back then I filed
bugzilla tickets, but they did not get much attention.

Martin