Re: Vax vs X11

On 24/12/14 10:35, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I hope you are aware that the /90A is ridiculously faster than a 2000 or a 3100/m38... Not to mention that you likely have way more memory in the machine than was even possible on the old ones you mention.

    Johnny

It is and I still have one on my desk. It's been a while since I've referred to it as "fast" though :-) And 128MB is umm ... quite limited compared to the 16GB in the machine I'm using to type this.

I really must try and compare it to SIMH on a raspberry pi from 20 years later sometime.

Antonio
arcarlini%iee.org@localhost