-current / netbsd-7 kernel hanging

Hi,

I'm trying to boot netbsd-7 from today's sources on a VAXstation 4000/60. First, I booted a netbsd-7 kernel compiled from yesterday's sources while mounting the existing netbsd-6 userland. I then proceeded to untargzip netbsd-7 built sets over the netbsd-6 userland, although it didn't get past base.tgz because it started complaining about illegal instructions. I finished the upgrade using /rescue/, then rebooted.

On reboot, it got to:

root on sd0e dumps on sd0b
root file system type: ffs

...and hung.

I then set up a MOP server and NFS export, then tried booting a newly built kernel:

boot device: le0
root on le0
nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
nfs_boot: DHCP next-server: 10.12.25.55
nfs_boot: my_domain=dksdonuts.com
nfs_boot: my_addr=10.12.25.66
nfs_boot: my_mask=255.255.255.0
nfs_boot: gateway=10.12.25.1
root on 10.12.25.55:/exports/vax
root file system type: nfs

...and it hung. I tried the same thing with a completely GENERIC kernel and got the same thing. I then tried the same thing with a -current kernel from today's sources, and got the same thing.

Ideas? Suggestions?

John Klos