Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL for VAX on NetBSD/OpenBSD

On June 29, 2014 9:01:27 PM CEST, Dave McGuire
<mcguire%neurotica.com@localhost> wrote:
>On 06/29/2014 02:58 PM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
>> Last I checked, NetBSD doesn't support any sort of multiprocessor
>VAX.
>>  Multiprocessor VAXes exist, but you're stuck with either Ultrix or
>VMS
>> on them.
>
>  Hi Pat, it's good to see your name in my inbox.
>
>  NetBSD ran on multiprocessor BI-bus VAXen many, many years ago.  Is
>that support broken?

The new atomics code refers to a VAX SMP define... So somebody seems to have
thought about it not too long ago.

Andres

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Andres Freund                      http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/