Re: VS3100M76 - current

On 2014-05-22 16:28, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Johnny Billquist wrote:

On 2014-05-22 15:54, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Next thing would be NEtbooting and teht the folowing available releases
and to find out where it stops.
Anyone knows what the kernel tries next after putting out this "root file
system is ffs" (or so?). That is where 1.6.2 simply halts...

I seem to remember that the main reason if it stops there is if you do
not have /dev populated.

        Johnny

Hmm, it halts wenn booting from the vax.iso from NetBSD.org. Not sure if
/dev is populated properly there :-))

Oh. I thought it halted when booting your disk.
I would expect the CD to have /dev populated.

More recent versions will setup a /dev on the fly if it don't exist, but it takes a hell of a long time on a VAX, I can tell...
But I have no memory of that ability being in 1.5.3.

        Johnny