Re: VS3100M76 - current

Holm Tiffe skrev 2014-05-22 12:21:
Anders Magnusson wrote:
Another thing that just popped up:  All the machines that has problem
has the same scsi controller (5380), eh?

The 4000/60 or 90 series has 5194,  4000/300 (and simh) uses MSCP I assume.

So it may be something in the driver for that scsi chip that is failing.

-- Ragge
:-))

Ragge this time you are really not the first one that has this idea..

I've wrote four five times that the similarity betwwen all 3
machines ist the ncr controller, they have no mscp.

An erronous driver would'nt explain the page errors since it is all in RAM
to this time.

Well, it happens when you newfs, doesn't it? newfs uses mmap, and here are some funny parts since the 5380 only do DMA to a private area of DMA RAM where the data gets copied to/from.

// Ragge