Re: VS3100M76 - current

On 2014-05-21 17:05, Holm Tiffe wrote:
If I can help I'll do this as good as I can, but "fix it yourself if you
need it" wouldn't work here. If no one from the VAX maintainers is jumping
in here, I'll put that stuff aside again, maybe trying next year..
 From my Opinion is the state of the NetBSD VAX port at least to be called
"desolate".

Because there are bugs? I do not agree with that view.

So what now. Please no silence, I'll help but I don't want to be the only
one.

Unfortunately I have not seen your problem myself. newfs have worked fine on several machines I have tested. And right now I'm trying to get current setup under a simh VAX8600 instance, since I know there is some kind of bug if you have more than 64MB memory configured, where NetBSD will not boot.
And that is what I'm trying to get to at the moment.

But to recap - you basically get a signal and a memory dump every time you run newfs?

        Johnny