Re: sysinst coredump on VAX/current (Was: VS3100M76 - current)

David Brownlee wrote:

> On 20 May 2014 20:39, Holm Tiffe <holm%freibergnet.de@localhost> wrote:
>
> > I'll start a new thread since the previous one gets a little bit
> > complicated.
> >
> > I've burned a CDROM and tried to install. It takes a very long time
> > to load the kernel from the CDROM...
> >
> > In sysinst I've choosed to use the existing partition sizes, after that,
> > sysinst crashed in similar fashion as before:
> >
> >  We now have your BSD-disklabel partitions as:
> >  This is your last chance to change them.
> >
> >  uid 0, pid 6, command sysinst, on /: file system full
> >

> Picking up on this single point (in a new thread).
>
> Looks like there is a small bug in curses in NetBSD-current related to
> embedded newlines in addstr(). On most platforms its relatively benign, but
> on vax it causes a coredump (handy).
>
> There is a PR filed:
> http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=48827
>
> NetBSD/current has a workaround for the coredump until the bug itself is
> fixed, so tomorrow's -current build should have a working sysinst. This
> specific issue does not appear in any release or on the netbsd-6 branch,
> just in current

THX David but I dont think that this is related to my problems since
-current isn't crashing in sysinst only, the newfs and tar have problems
also.

regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info%tsht.de@localhost, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741