Re: NetBSD/vax current

Dave McGuire skrev 2014-04-13 22:05:
On 04/13/2014 04:03 PM, Anders Magnusson wrote:
Please, don't tell me you it really is a PAIR?
    Yup!  They arrived a little over a week ago.  Pics here:

    http://www.neurotica.com/misc/VAXen/
Wow, I'm impressed!  It must have been 15 years ago since I last saw a
11/785 :-)

I didn't see any I/O cabinets on the pictures, were they just left out
of the pictures or are you missing them?
The CPU will feel quite lonely without them I assume.
   I have two I/O racks each containing a Unibus expansion chassis.
There are also two HSC90s, one rack of RA92s, and one rack of RA72s, and
the TA78.
Now we're talking :-) Do you have UDA50's or must you go via the HSCs? In that case I hope you have CI780's, otherwise it will be terrible slow. If not it will be just ordinary slow.

UDA50's are not the fastest creatures either, IIRC the fastest disks for the 780's were non-interleaved RP07. That disk OTOH required 3-phase 380V 32A, even though i think it had Y-D startup.

-- Ragge