Re: NetBSD/vax current

On 04/13/2014 04:14 PM, Anders Magnusson wrote:

>>> Wow, I'm impressed!  It must have been 15 years ago since I last saw a
>>> 11/785 :-)
>>>
>>> I didn't see any I/O cabinets on the pictures, were they just left out
>>> of the pictures or are you missing them?
>>> The CPU will feel quite lonely without them I assume.
>>    I have two I/O racks each containing a Unibus expansion chassis.
>> There are also two HSC90s, one rack of RA92s, and one rack of RA72s, and
>> the TA78.
> Now we're talking :-)  Do you have UDA50's or must you go via the HSCs?
> In that case I hope you have CI780's, otherwise it will be terrible
> slow.  If not it will be just ordinary slow.

  I have a UDA50 in one of the machines, and a CI780 in one of the
machines.  I have another CI780 (with backplane) that came in a pile of
spare parts for the 11/785s.

> UDA50's are not the fastest creatures either, IIRC the fastest disks for
> the 780's were non-interleaved RP07.  That disk OTOH required 3-phase
> 380V 32A, even though i think it had Y-D startup.

  Yeah.  No RP07s here, unfortunately.

  I have a number of UDA50s in other machines.  They run very nicely in
PDP-11s.

                 -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ