Re: HEADs up - gcc 4.1 reversion & MSCP CD changes in current

On 24 June 2012 12:01, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost>
wrote:
> David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> Pending someone having the time and expertise to look into the gcc 4.5
>> vax codegen issues I've reverted -current vax to the same gcc 4.1 used
>> in netbsd-6.
>
> I've been trying to build -current for VAX today, from scratch, with
> your changes, but after several iterations of updating old-style
> function definitions (here's the latest:
>
> /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/alarm.c:55: warning: old-style function definition
>
> ), I'm still not past libc, and I'm starting to worry that modernizing
> all of these calls is maybe not the preferred solution...?

It looks like gcc 4.5 changed behaviour to "helpfully" not warn about
old style definitions for system headers.

Updating all of the reported old-style function definitions is
definitely the final preferred solution, but to get a build right now
you may want to add

NOGCCERROR=yes

to your /etc/mk.conf