Re: /etc/disktab on vax

> I hope support for my old VAX is still around when I finally get
> around to get it running again.  Linux just removed support for some
> of the older SPARC systems that I collect.

In each case, support has never truly gone anywhere; old systems still
do everything they ever did.

NetBSD 1.0 (or whatever) per se might not be getting updated any
longer, but that's hardly crippling; for many purposes, an old OS will
do perfectly well, and for the rest, well, you - or we, for suitable
values of "we" - can create an OS based there into which you/we pull
whatever seems to need pulling.  I'm already doing this with 1.4T and
4.0.1 (550 and 112, respectively, commits since the base NetBSD version
I started with).

\ / Ribbon Campaign