Re: VAX station 4000 boot disk

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:39:50PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Broken/bad boot block? Or no secondary boot (/boot) on the disk? I would
> definitely start by trying to rewrite the boot block (see installboot
> and disklabel), and check that I have a correct boot image in the root.

Yes, indeed that was it - though I have no idea how it broke. I used
installboot, boot and xxboot from 5.1.2 and that got me going again.

I left in the other disk as a second one so I can do more bootblock
experiments and analyze this further - and also can test new bootblocks
easily (hi Matt!)

Martin