Re: Building XServer

Hi,

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Hi.
I wouldn't think the Xorg Xserver would work on a VAX, so I'm not surprised.
You probably need to find some DEC based X server to have any hopes, I think. But I could remember things very wrong, as usual... :-)

   Johnny

I'm aware that there are bugs in the spx driver, e.g. it doesn't work as the console. But since the SPX-driver implements wsfb, and there is a wsfb-XServer (which in fact i am trying to get working), i am pretty sure, that there isn't much more work todo.

I suspect a DEC based X server is out of the question. As far i remember Ultrix had never a version for the 4000, and OpenVMS... well it works, but i don't think anyone has ever dared to think about something like COMPAT_VMS ;-)

Hmm, maybe i can provide some additional data, from the debugger?

Bye,

Lukas