Re: My long fight with missed interrupts...

der Mouse wrote:
Finally!  I've found the problem with my lost interrupts.
It turns out to be [...]

Congratulations.  Problems like that are always, um, "interesting" to
find, and I can only imagine how much hair you pulled out while looking
for it.

Thanks.
Yeah. When an error occur a while (like 20 ms) after an event which requires an interrupt to fire under very specific circumstances are not the most enjoyable to try to find. Nu wonder I had such a hard time figuring out where, and under which conditions it happened...

But atleast I understand exactly what happens now, and why this could appear in so many seemingly different places without any obvious explanation why. I've been looking for the normal "s = splxxx(); ...; splx(s);" stuff, as well as interrupt routines, system calls, process creations, softints, and I don't know what more.

Well, the good thing is I know a lot more about the internals now. I'll probably forget half of it again within a few weeks... But anyway. Now the machine is running properly, which is nice (and I can have ntpd running again).

        Johnny