Re: 5.1_RC1 on VAXstation 3100 with mono framebuffer

On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:15:48 -0600 (MDT)
"Michael L. Hitch" <mhitch%lightning.msu.montana.edu@localhost> wrote:

>    Did you add the wsfont_init() to both places before wsfont_find()
> [there are two of them]?  The one in smgcninit() will be used for the
> keyboard/display console.

Ahh, I did notice that there were two calls to wsfont_find() but didn't
realize that I needed to add wsfont_init() to both. I've now added the
second call and that does indeed fix the blank screen when I boot
using the framebuffer console. However, it still panics when I attempt
to use a 2nd virtual terminal. I can switch to the 2nd screen but as
soon as I type anything, the kernel panics:

panic: Segv in kernel mode: pc 8003a281 addr 7f67ad8a
Begin traceback...
panic: Segv in kernel mode: pc %x addr %x
Stack traceback :
         Process is executing in user space.
End traceback...

As far as I can tell, that pc address is in wskbd_compose_value(). The
output from 'nm' shows wskbd_compose_value() starting at 8003a22a in my
kernel. Is there any debug I could add to narrow down the problem?

Thanks,
George